Today WWE founder Vince McMahon announced the return XFL after it’s failed attempt in 2001 with NBC. The name will remain the same “XFL,” McMahon let the world know it won’t rely on flashy cheerleaders and antics as its predecessor did, he said.
McMahon said he is the lone source for the “New XFL’s” funding which is set to begin in January 2020. The league will start with eight teams around the country playing a 10-week schedule. Reports say, McMahon got the funding for the new league from the WWE stock he sold last month for 100 million dollars. McMahon has done a good amount of self reflection and came to the realization that, ‘”You were the one who screwed this up.” McMahon told reporters Thursday afternoon that he has had no initial talks with media groups.
McMahon’s big staple about the new XFL is that is has an ideal running time, which he said, would be two hours.
With news this big in the football and sports world it already has some influential footballers talking about potential comebacks.
— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) January 25, 2018