Best (Premium) Internet Security Software
It’s a cruel world out there, with no shortage of malware, ransomware and phishing attacks to swoop in and steal your data, money and personal information. So what’s the best way to protect your devices and preserve your peace of mind?
The answer is to build the tallest and thickest wall around your digital life with a premium antivirus suite. Based on our extensive testing, we’ve determined that your best option is Norton Anti Virus. It offers excellent malware and amazing spyware software.
Why Premium Antivirus?
Premium antivirus products usually cost upward of $100 per year, but they offer many extra features that low-cost or free antivirus programs don’t have. Their product licenses often cover multiple installations on several platforms — including Mac, Android, iOS and, sometimes, Windows Phone — although other platforms’ software may be more limited. The most cost-effective premium packages offer all-you-can-scan plans, with unlimited device installations across multiple platforms.
The products below give users online accounts to remotely manage antivirus software on all of their devices. Most of these programs also offer two-way firewalls, system optimizers, file shredders, file encryption and specialized web browsers hardened against infection or hijacking.
McAfee protects against the latest viruses, malware and online threats. One subscription protects an unlimited number PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets against viruses and online threats. McAfee also comes with comprehensive mobile security and real-time protection against mobile viruses and spam.
- Industry-leading protection at a groundbreaking price
- Powered by one of the world’s largest 24×7 threat monitoring networks
- Defends against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats
- Automatic “silent” updates ensure you have the latest protection
- No in-product advertising pestering you to switch to a paid security solution
- Seamless upgrade options to additional protection as your needs grow